Monday, February 28, 2011

OSCARS

The Oscars. They happened and sadly, they were BORECORE. Poor host Anne Hathaway - she's probably well-meaning but she came across as a try-hard cheerleader and her sidekick, soap opera hunk/overachiever James Franco was ostensibly high yet, dull. I wasn't going to bother posting anything on at all on the Oscars but I received several emails from clients asking me, 'so... what'd you think of the dresses?!' So here it is. Mila Kunis' stylist deserves an award for putting her in that lilac Elie Saab Haute Couture for SpringSummer 2011 gown. Likewise for Natalie Portman whose violet-colored Rodarte dress tastefully draped over her expectant belly bump in the most flattering way, and the ballet beau on her arm wasn't too shabby an accessory either. Cate Blanchett was obviously freakishly beautiful as usual, this time in Givenchy. Done!

10 comments:

Fashionism said...

Anne Hathaway had a total of 8 gorgeous gowns. But all in all, it was an exciting night for fashion. There is a pretty defining list of the best and worst dressed on Sunday evening

F.M. said...

I liked everything Anne Hathaway wore, but didn't like the way she wore it. Even in her gorgeous Lanvin tuxedo, all I could see was a contestant trying out for American Idol. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know what designer Natalie Portman's beau is wearing. Sharp suit! HANDSOME man! :)

Haute World said...

I agree that the show itself was really boring and even though red carpet looks have come to outshine the actual event, it's a bad sign when more people tune in to that than the show. The looks you pictured are my favorites as well, in addition to one or two others. I'm not certain why so many complain about Natalie's gown being boring. If you're pregnant you don't want to dress like Lady Gaga.

Oh and to Anonymous, her fiance is wearing Dior Homme.

F.M. said...

Well said! :)

NĂ¡dia said...

Cate looked beyond AWESOME! The shoulders of her dress are :O!

Natalie Portman looked beautiful, especially with that gorgeous belly!!! <333

http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Raji,
Those were my picks exactly!! What good taste you have!
Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Tanya Birkbeck

F.M. said...

Tanya!

The dresses at the Oscars were the only saving grace.

I've missed you! I'll stop by Radio One when I come in to do my column for RCI! :)

Raji

monica said...

oscars this year sucked, they need to bring back bjork...at least the red carpet would be interesting

womens leather jackets said...

Wow really very nice Oscar post, I have been quite impressed by how funny your articles are! How do you create the ideas to make posts like this? Anyways, I would greatly appreciate it if you could approve my comment as thanks? Best of luck, and keep up your posts!